About Us
For Veterans
Social Security
Community Events
Restuarants and Hotels

Funeral Home, Inc.
Paul T. Lochstampfor - Supervisor

48 South Church Street
Waynesboro, PA 17268
Tel: 1-717-762-6312

Our facility is wheelchair accessible




 The basic Military Funeral Honors (MFH) ceremony consists of the folding and presentation of the United States flag to the veterans' family and the playing of Taps. The ceremony is performed by a funeral honors detail consisting of at least two members of the Armed Forces.

The Funeral Honors rendered to you or your veteran will be determined by the status of the veteran.  The type of Funeral Honors may be Full Military Honors, 7 Person Detail or a Standard Honors Team Detail.

At least one of the funeral honors detail will be from the Armed Force in which the deceased veteran served.  Taps may be played by a bugler or, if a bugler is not available, by using a quality recorded version. Military Funeral Honor Teams may act as Pall Bearers if requested by the veteran/family.

Who is eligible for Military Funeral Honors?

  • Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve.
  • Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable.
  • Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable.
  • Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.

Who is not eligible for Military Funeral Honors?

  • Any person separated from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions or whose character of service results in a bar to veteran's benefits. 
  • Any person who was ordered to report to an induction station, but was not actually inducted into military service. 
  • Any person discharged from the Selected Reserve prior to completing one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service for reasons other than a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
  • Any person convicted of a Federal or State capital crime sentenced to death or life imprisonment.

How do I establish veteran eligibility?

The preferred method is the DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty.  If the DD Form 214 is not available, any discharge document showing other than dishonorable service can be used.  The DD Form 214 may be obtained by filling out a Standard Form 180 and sending it to:

            National Personnel Records Center(NPRC)
            9700 Page Blvd.
            St. Louis, MO 63132

The Standard Form 180 may be obtained from the National Records Center or via the following web site: http://www.archives.gov/research/order/standard-form-180.pdf

Is anyone else eligible to receive funeral honors?

Yes. Members of the Commissioned Officer Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), as members of a Uniformed Service, are also eligible to receive funeral honors.

For NOAA personnel, eligibility is established using NOAA Form 56-16, Report of Transfer or Discharge. If the family does not have a copy of the NOAA Form 56-16, it may by obtained by contacting the Chief, Officer Services Division, NOAA Commissioned Personnel Center at (301) 713-3453, ext 102. or by writing:

          National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
          Commissioned Personnel Center
          Chief, Officer Services Division (CPC1)
          1315 East-West Highway, Room 12100
          Silver Spring, Maryland 20910

For PHS personnel, funeral honors eligibility is established using PHS Form 1867, Statement of Service (equivalent to the DD Form 214).  If the family does not have a copy of the Statement of Service, it may be obtained by contacting the Privacy Coordinator for the Commissioned Corps at (301) 594-3064 or writing:

          Division of Commissioned Personnel/HRS/PSC
          Attention: Privacy Act Coordinator
          5600 Fishers Lane
          Rockville, Maryland 20857

NOTE: We complete all Veterans Paperwork for Veterans Families.

Pennsylvania gives each Veteran 10 Free Death Certificates and Maryland gives 1 Free Death Certificate.  This takes several weeks to obtain.

Franklin County Veterans Affairs Office

Office of Veterans Affairs

191 Franklin Farm Lane

Chambersburg, PA 17201 


Fax – 717-263-1905



Area National Cemeteries

  • Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia
  • Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania (Harrisburg area)
  • Baltimore National Cemetery, Baltimore, Maryland
  • Quantico National Cemetery, Q|uantico, Virginia
Maryland State Veterans Cemeteries (Local)
     (You must be a resident of Maryland to use these cemeteries)
  • Rocky Gap Veterans cemetery, Cumberland, Maryland
  • Garrison Forest Veterans Cemetery, Riesterstown, Maryland
  • Crowns Veterans Cemetery, Southern Maryland

Others available.

Local Veterans Hospital

Martinsburg Veterans Hospital
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Lebanon Veterans Hospital
Lebanon, Pennsylvania.
Bethesda Military Hospital
Bethesda, Maryland



Copyright © 2018 Lochstampfor Funeral Home, Inc.. All Rights Reserved.    | Website by CFS |